– WORK FOR US –
We are looking for one french speaking bar staff team member for winter 20/21
Here at the Spitting Feathers Ski Bar, Plagne Bellecôte, La Plagne, PARADISKI, we are looking for reliable, mature and experienced members of bar staff who MUST be able to speak French to a fairly good level and who also have the right to work in France. (Please don’t apply if you can’t speak any French or have no knowledge of the language as your application will unfortunately have to be ignored).
The position is from 11th December 20 through to 09th April 21 (a seventeen-week season) and the successful candidate will work as one of four staff members in one of La Plagne’s most popular bars.
The Spitting Feathers is primarily a drinking establishment but we also serve a good selection of hot meals and snacks so the ideal candidates will have experience of preparing, not cooking, and serving food.
Covid 19 will shift the balance of our activity more towards food and the balance of our customers more towards French so meeting and greeting and waiting tables in French will be a key requirement of the job. If you can not do this, please do not apply
Meeting and greeting our customers and waiting tables is also important to us and we are looking for candidates who are honest, willing, capable and happy to;
- Prepare and serve meals & drinks during service – we are looking for exceptionally high levels of customer and table service.
- Be pleasant and accommodating to all our customers whilst working quickly and under pressure.
- Be genuinely interested in people.
- Smile and clearly communicate in with our English and French speaking customers.
- Provide great service to our customers, ensuring they looked after well and enjoy their visit to the bar.
- Ensure there are always the required levels of stock both behind the bar and in the kitchen.
- Be responsible for cleanliness of the bar and kitchen and adherence to covid-19 rules
- Be responsible for replenishing stock and undertaking regular stock-takes as necessary
- Deal with difficult customers
Duties will include thoroughly cleaning down and stock taking at the end of the night and preparing the bar for the arrival of our first Customers the next day.
You would also need to be able to recognize a customer who’s had too much to drink and know how to cut them off without confrontation. The safety of our Customers should always be your biggest concern, not just because you care about your Customers but because we must stay on the right side of the law and our experience is that the best bar staff are outgoing positive and, most importantly, hands on. It’s your job to keep our customers happy so they keep on buying.
So what do we offer? In return for hard work we provide shared accommodation (with a member of the same sex), mainly evening shifts, one or two full days off per week (depending upon the time of the season), employment under a French contract with wages (SMIC) paid weekly in Euros. You will also be entitled to holiday pay at the end of your contract.
If this sounds like your ideal job, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV (including a recent photo), a covering letter and six good reasons (of more than one sentence) why you are the ideal candidate to work at the Spitting Feathers this winter. Please sell yourself to us whilst also being honest.
A preliminary SKYPE interview, including some French conversation will be followed up by “face-to-face” interviews in London TBC. All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.